Wednesday, April 23, 2008

At Skokie Meadows #003

The new anti-depression medication  kicked in about Wednesday of last week and today I was able to get myself out of bed around 8:30am with energy. Before that I would stay in bed until 10am or later.

The depression crept in towards the end of March and it put pain in my stomach. My appetite went down and I was starting to withdraw from people. After a week of it getting worse, I told the nurse about the depression and they were able to call my doctor and get me on the medication on the same day.

I am currently keeping busy working on the pictures I took for the Michigan Peace Fest. Friday's pictures I finished and uploaded six months ago on http://jasonpage.zenfolio.com.

The difficulty on the pictures is finding where I put them. I found Friday and Saturday pictures on my photo bank device and I think Sunday's photos were backed up on another hard drive. There have been lots of duplicates and that's been a headache to organize. But I have been able to distinguish which ones are from what days by doing a search by date. Nothing for Sunday July 15th came up on the photo bank device except for clean up pictures. I will check the other hard drive tonight.

Making the move:

I am planning to move in with my friend Maestro and I am looking to get in on June 1st. Maestro has agreed to allow my first months rent go toward a replacement Sigma camera. That way I could fulfill the photo work for the Michigan Peace Festival or perhaps in time for the Chicago Peace Fest in mid June.

The apartment would be just two buses away from Turning Point and two buses to Oakton D.P. And there is a small food store just across the street that would meet most of my food needs.

The room I am renting already has a bed. I will bring my plastic shelves to keep my clothes and misc and my laptop. My desktop computer will be donated to either a friend or the Unity for a Change organization.

The administrator at Skokie Meadows has agreed to cash my check (since it's in Skokie Meadows name) before I leave.

I would leave on the 1st to prevent Skokie Meadows charging $110 for each additional day. 

The location is just three blocks from the Jefferson Park blue line station. I bank with TCF bank and there is a TCF bank just a block from the Jefferson Park station.

I am pretty much covered except with being out of Oakton's district. But that should not be a problem since I plan on moving back in the suburbs, either Des Plains, Niles or Skokie to share a house or apartment that is within my budget. Staying at Maestro's will allow me to save up for moving back in the suburbs.

I will also go visit the Evanston house in the months ahead to decide what's trash and what I would be keeping. My ex-roommate Sandy and the landlord have been nice about keeping the stuff at the house. I will reduce the amount of stuff as much as possible--basically get rid of anything I don't use.